I don’t know about some of you guys, but I’ve been coming up short in the writing arena lately. Not because I don’t have anything to complain about (I don’t), but the Abilify is making my head unusually empty. So, I’d like to toss around a game of tag! Enjoy!
Write ten facts about yourself, all true, and then pass it on to ten people.
- I don’t like red meat. I really don’t. I am not a big fan of meat in general. Except cheeseburgers. I love cheeseburgers. They are my downfall every time I attempt vegetarianism.
- I sleep in my contacts. I’m so vain. No, just kidding. I just really love waking up and not fishing for a pair of glasses. There’s something beautiful about waking up and being able to see the world without some plastic foreign object on your face.
- I live in Pittsburgh. For those of you that might not know, I live in the City of Champions. Most livable city in the US. Six Superbowl Rings. Four Stanley Cups (that I know of). Jaywalking is a birthright. The most disgusting rivers you will ever see, all three of them. So bad that Bruce Willis said he will never, ever go in them again. Most cloudy days of any major US city. And more sets of stairs than San Francisco, believe that or not. This city is the best.
- I was not born in Pittsburgh. Unlike the rest of the natives, I was not born at Magee Women’s Hospital. I wasn’t even born in this city. I was actually born in a little town outside of Atlanta, GA. I was raised there for several years and then hauled to Pittsburgh.
- I occasionally have a southern accent. If I am drunk enough, surrounded by southerners, or actually in the south, I will slip into a southern accent. The more time I spend in the south, the harder it is for me to get rid of. I went down for a week for my honeymoon, and couldn’t get rid of it for three weeks, much to my husband’s disgust. He’s one to talk; he has a mix of a Pittsburgh accent and a Brooklyn accent.
- I speak three languages. Good English. Bad English. And Pittsburghese. Look it up, it’s a real thing.
- I play more than one instruments. I play most instruments in the woodwind family, and some in the percussion family. I do not play any strings or brass. It’s just not in me.
- My hair is naturally blonde. Just not as blonde as I dye it!
- My son has Autism Spectrum Disorder. I know I don’t talk about it often, but my son was diagnosed with Pervasive Development Disorder – Not Otherwise Specified in May 2011. My brother has classical autism, so it was a hard diagnosis to take in. I couldn’t help but think to myself, “Not again, God, I can’t handle this my whole life.” The good news is that he’s coming along just fine, though he’s still delayed.
- I am on five psychiatric medications. Lamictal, Abilify, Xanax, Wellbutrin, and Temazepam. I hear that’s actually pretty tame in comparison.
Now, here’s the tagging. If you come upon this, then TAG, YOU’RE IT! I mean, if you really want. I’m just not going out of my way to tag others today.