Normally, I don’t like to talk about my dreams. Norman Mailer once said, “A novel is like a secret affair, you don’t bring other people in on it.” It’s not just novels. It applies to every working project in life. Once others are in on it, then the secret it out. All then, it just isn’t the same after that.
So, here we go:
My Life’s Dreams
- Have two children: Originally, when I wrote this down over fifteen years ago, this was have four kids. Then, just after I squeezed Beast out, I asked Xan if having one child would be fine with him. Much to my current chagrin, he agreed. But, doesn’t every parent want to have one of each? In a way, I think it would be the most fulfilling parenting experience. Truly, I would actually prefer to have two boys.
- Write a novel / book: This is probably on everyone’s bucket list, so I’ll leave this one alone.
- Fall in one of the Three Rivers: I’ve lived on two different rivers here in Pittsburgh. There is the Allegheny, which comes from the Northeast. Then, the Monogahela comes from the Southeast. And they meet at the Golden Triangle, which is known to the rest of the United States as Downtown Pittsburgh to make the Ohio River.
Ruby is going to yell at me for this one. Remember how I said I was going to walk into the river from the North Shore River walk? That’s the Allegheny River. Well, we live over by the airport now, so we live by the Ohio. And, there’s this nice little dock off the west shore at this great bar we live near. I promise, there will be eight people there to either throw me in or fish me out. I’ll let you know.
And it can’t be that nasty. To let everyone know of my previous location, I’ve been in Chartiers Creek before.
- Make and sell my own crafts: This one is all about finding the time and the money for the materials. I think it would be seriously fun.
- Be an extra in a movie / TV show: Pretty self-explanatory. I know, I know. But, The Dark Knight Rises was just filmed there last year! Or, couldn’t you have tried out for Idol last year too? Yes. But, even though I was actually in the city while it was being filmed, I was also teaching summer semester.
- Become a full-time teacher: I am a little too old for the when I grow up dreams. Well, are we ever, really? I just have to decide whether I want to go to school for Early Childhood Education or just plain Education? I love children of all ages, so that’s going to be tough.
- Get my Master’s Degree: ‘Nough said on that. I have my choice of various different kinds of Education I could be studying. Personally, I don’t want to teach Special Education. To be fair, I think I have had enough of Special Education in my life. Both my brother and my son have various degrees of Autism Spectrum Disorder. It is something very difficult to have in your life as a constant, and I’d like to keep home and home, and work at work.
- Watch every episode of Doctor Who: Growing up, Doctor Who was a constant in my home. I 10th doctoreven remember not liking the series as a child. There were the silliest reasons too. First, it came on during one of my cartoons. It also hailed the nightly “grown up TV time”. The effects were cheesy. And last of all, it was not a cartoon at all. It wasn’t until the second series that I actually fell in love with the show.
But that doesn’t mean I don’t remember Tom Baker. I actually liked the 4th Doctor. He was funky and kind of New Age for his time. That’s why, when the 10th Doctor came around, David Tennant, I was hooked. He is just an amazing man. And, he helped fortify the hypothesis I have about my inexplicable love for men I didn’t originally know were Scotsman anyway.
- Have a stable episode for longer than six months: Okay, I’ve done three months before. I think it would be great to be able to live in a period of time without symptoms. Even if it’s just once, I want to be able to live it to know what it’s like.
- Cover all songs written by A Perfect Circle in a bar: Currently working on this one.
Maybe it doesn’t look as if I’m shooting high. But, that’s the thing about dreams. If you shoot for the moon, you’ll land in the stars. Well, guess what? I want that moon, even if it’s not completely full. Get it?