When I was writing Pendulum, I was blessed with many people who presented me with many awards. Now that I’m writing SWACA (Sunny with a Chance of Armageddon), I wanted to be the one to start passing out awards.
I have not accepted this award myself. I’d rather present others with it. So, here it is. The I Love Your Blog award.
- Thank the person who nominated you:
- Tell your followers why you started a blog and why you keep doing it:
- Describe a usual day in your life:
- What was your best collaboration?
- What was your worst collaboration?
Nominate five other people for this award, and why:
- A Canvas of the Minds: This is not a self-serving move. In fact, I’ll be honest. There was about a six month or greater period where it was just Ruby and the other authors (I won’t name names) that were keeping Canvas going. Here’s the truth. I couldn’t be more grateful. Canvas has been like a child to me, and there was a very unfortunate time in my life where I had to put it in the care of others. It was really all of the Canvas authors that made the blog so wildly successful. Now, it stands as one of the best collaborative sites of mental health education, awareness, and help in our mental health blogging community. Thank you.
- I Was Just Thinking: Ruby, my pillar of strength. She brings me joy through her blog, and brings me some much needed perspective. It was her blog and her encouragement that kept me blogging. She’s pulled me out of some of the worst times, and kept me here in the community. Thank you, Ruby. I love your blog, and I love you.
- Seasons Change, and So Have I: Carla, I’ve decided that you need a nickname, because I don’t want to keep calling you C. So, I’m going to start calling your LaLa. It’s an honor to be nicknamed that. A woman I worked with in the bakery was called that, and she was someone I really looked up to. LaLa, you are someone I really look up to. Your blog is informative, touching, and absolutely inspiring. You’ve touched my own blog with your Confession Friday, and you’ve touched my life. You, like Ruby, have pulled me out of the well so many times. You’ve always stood by me, even in difference of opinion. And I feel as if you treat me like I’m one of your own. You’ve touched my life and my blog. Thank you.
- The Mirth of Despair: Angel, I love that I have a peer amongst myself that has encouraged me to pursue my goals. You are breathtakingly honest, and you go the extra mile to really bare everything for your blog. You are an incredibly writer, and you lead the way in soul searching. Thank you for your insight and encouragement.
- The Quiet Borderline: QB, you’ve been through so much. But, you keep on going. I love that about you. You’ve inspired me to keep on going with my blog, even in times where I don’t know what to say. But, especially in times when I didn’t want to say it. You’ve offered me awards and encouragement along the way, which I couldn’t do without. I am so glad to read your blog and to know you. Thank you.