This is so extremely helpful. Thanks for the writeup!
- Know your enemy- research what exactly the illness is, what treatment works, and how other people are affected by it.
- “Your thought are not you”- most illness will cause thoughts that will create more pain; realize that’s your illness.
- Changing habits takes long term effort-Don’t expect change to happen over night. Keep track of your progress so you can see the change happening even if its not going as fast as you would like.
- Focus on what you can control, while accepting for the time being what you can’t- “Be efficient in your energy. Focus your energy on what you can control and change. With the things you can’t immediately change, learn to shrug and say “f*ck it”.”
- Get support- family, friends, local support group, therapist, online support groups
- Let go of the shame- Mental illness is an illness just like a physical illness such as the flu, which you…
View original post 195 more words