11 Things in Your Bedroom
Seeing as how I share a bedroom with my spouse, Xan, I will go ahead and name the most interesting items that are exclusively mine.
- Twelve Year Old Lava Lamp.
- Fifteen Year-Old Coke Can Lamp. I doctored that sucker up with a bunch of broken CD parts, put a cool lace skirt on the shade, and voila! A super sweet ass lamp. PS: It took me over six hours to glue all of those pieces on that lamp.
- An Instructables Pen Holder. Hand made entirely out of a CD spindle and rolled up magazine pages.
- A King Sized Crocheted Afghan. Total to make: $60 and 5 months. Two before Beast was born and three after.
- Old Decorative Boxes. I’m obsessed with boxes. One of my boxes is a gold, old world map I bought when I was twelve. Another is a painted carousel horse from Kennywood. That’s just to name a few.
- The Sweetest Closet Ever. Okay, so it’s not a walk in closet. Almost. It has this huge, tiered rack. Half of it, I let Xan have for his work clothes. The other half is all mine. Anything that’s not a classy graphic Tee, a plain Tee, or a pair of jeans is in there. It speaks to my organization AND it’s so very pretty and convenient
- A HUGE Dresser Mirror. I’m told they don’t make dressers like that anymore. The dresser mirror has to be about four feet by three feet. I have enough room to put all of my stuff, like my boxes that hold my makeup, jewelry, hair stuff, etc, and I can still see everything behind me as plain as day.
- A Knick-Knack Shelf. So trite, right? Seriously, there are some very sentimental things on there, which I will proceed to name the best of in this list.
- Complimentary Glass Zodiac Figures. Xan and I are very into astrology. Maybe me more so than him. I went as far as to buy him a zodiac figure for his sign. To my surprise, he bought me the same, except in my sign. Go figure!
- Purple Stuffed Rabbit. Named Furry. She’s 23 years old. I realize that might be older than some readers. Also realize that she is in way rougher shape than any of us. She’s been well loved, and is a retired security object.
- A Memory Board. I love just sticking random pictures, coasters, and other things up there. It’s overflowing with memories, and I love it.