15 Things I Like to Do
- Read. I’m an avid reader. My secret, guilty pleasure is these teen pop novels, like The Hunger Games. Which, by the way, I don’t think should be a teen novel. It is pretty graphic. Although, I think if the series was for adults, it would have been spectacular.
- Write. I’m always writing something. If I’m not blogging, then I’m journaling. Sometimes, I’ll write fan fiction for the hell of it. Currently, I’m working on a Hunger Games fan fiction.
- Watching Netflix. I’m not big on TV, but I do like to watch Netflix. It’s great. I watch whatever I want, whenever I want. Okay, when the boys aren’t around. My guilty pleasure right now is Scrubs. Yes, I’ve watched through the entire series once, and I have to say, I was not into Season 7 or 8. Everyone started having babies and pairing off. Bor-ring.
- Play with my son. I just love to see that little face scrunch up and burst with that adorable smile.
- Watch my son and husband sleep. Everyone you love looks like an angel when they are asleep. All of the pain and upset is erased from their face, and they look younger, like children and babies. My son goes back to being a soft, warm baby. And my husband morphs back into the fresh faced young man he was when we first met and later fell in love.
- Teach music. I like to teach, period. But, there’s something so primal about music. People tell me all of the time that they can’t sing, or play an instrument. They’re wrong. Everyone has music in their soul. I miss the kids. I love teaching elementary. And it’s something that I think about from time to time, how I miss all of those kids at my old job.
- Look into my husband’s eyes. I see our past. I see each defining moment. I see our present. I see all of the little things I love about him. The three freckles by his left eye. His crows feet when I really make him laugh. I see our son. And I see our future. The child that can be. The home that we live in within each other. I see it all. It’s the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen.
- Make love to my husband. Or just have regular old sex. Whatever. Sex is fun and intimate.
- Sing. I love to sing. I especially like to take industrial songs, like songs from A Perfect Circle and do my own cover. I think putting a female’s voice on powerful male songs is empowering.
- Martial Arts. It’s awesome. Period. I am taking classes in Tang Soo Do, the same martial arts that Chuck Norris does. Now, I know that I’ll never be able to have the same epic beard, but maybe I’ll be able to get close to kicking some ass like him.
- Think of psychological theories. I just love psychology. Many people with mental health issues go to school for psychology, because they’re dead set on figuring out their own issues. Sure, that was a motivator. But, I am so curious about the one thing that no scientist can pin down – humans. Human behavior, genetics, dysfunction, neurology. I just love it all. What makes a person tick? What makes a person who they are, and how did they get there?
- Listening to new music on Youtube. I love to start out with one artist and just go from there. That’s how I found Paper Rival. Awesome, awesome band.
- Crafts. Do I love crafts? Is the pope Catholic? You bet! I’m mostly into scrapbooking, collages, and crocheting. I love to make useful stuff. Oh, and I really love instructibles.com
- Long drives. I don’t like road trips as much as I like aimless long drives. I like to explore neighborhoods that I’ve passed dozens of times, but I’ve never been in. I love to look at the pretty houses in a neighboring town. I am just baffled at the amount of money that some people have and the multimillion dollar homes. Who really needs that much space? I’d have people hanging from the rafters. I would be ashamed to have that much unused space, you know? But, they are gorgeous homes.
- Amateur photography. Right along with my fascination with psychology, I love to take candid pictures of people. Some of the best photos I’ve ever taken were candid. And, of course, some of the most unflattering ever possible. But, then again, I’ve taken some very unflattering posed ones too. People are fascinating in their natural state. I like to study it. The easiest way to catch emotion in time is to get a photo.
- Oh. You’re a Psychology major? *uncomfortable silence* (geeksparkle.com)
- Psychology ~ Why has it Gained its Credibility, It’s History in a Nutshell, When Mixed with Christianity (faithbibleministries.wordpress.com)
- Shopping for a new martial-arts school (esr.ibiblio.org)
- Through others we become ourselves… (willeke73.wordpress.com)